Skip to main content

Poetry Friday: Summer's Celebration

After a stormy start, summer sun is finally here. It's been a busy couple of weeks, but as I go here and there on walks and errands, I am always delighted by these fuzzy wisteria seedpods. Today's poem is a little celebration of summer and the many delights it brings.

A picture of wisteria seedpods dangling below dense green leaves. A poem: Summer’s Celebration Velvety seed pods Streamers for Summer’s party Wisteria’s gift  © 2021, Elisabeth Norton


Our Poetry Friday host today is Rebecca Herzog over at Sloth Reads. What a perfect place to hang out and enjoy all the poetry on offer this week!

Comments

  1. Elisabeth, I LOVE this metaphor-- "streamers for summer's party." Yours are the most spectacular I've seen and make me wonder if I even know what wisteria is! I thought I did, but now...Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I love wisteria in bloom and with their seedpods. I may try another companion haiku about the flowers. Hmmm ... maybe a spring celebration ... you've inspired me!

      Delete
  2. What a great way of looking at wisteria! I'll think of this haiku the next time I see some of those magical seed pods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Susan. Aren't the seedpods wonderful? They delight the senses on so many levels -- so soft to touch and so visually interesting.

      Delete
  3. Love the photo and the poem! My kiddos go back to school in just over a week so we are trying to soak up as much summer as we can! hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for your comments Rebecca.

      Delete
  4. Love it! I want to see these fuzzy streamers someday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Lee! I had never seen wisteria until I went to university. I think I was fascinated by them because I'd only encountered them in books. Now I love them almost as much as the bees do in spring.

      Delete
  5. Elisabeth, love the idea of wisteria's as streamers for Summer's party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love those seed pods too. There are a lot of them this year. Velvety is a great word for this haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew wisteria produced such amazing seed pods! They definitely do look like streamers at a party. You captured wisteria's gift so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've seen these fun streamer seed pods, I'll have to look more closely–fun poem, thanks Elisabeth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comment moderation is active. Your comments will be posted after they have been reviewed. Thank you for your patience!